Careers Information, Advice and Guidance CIAG
- Commissions Connexions to provide high quality, impartial careers advice to pupils in Years 7-11.
- Has its own purpose built Careers Centre operated by the Head of Careers, Mr. N. Dunn, and used by Connexions.
- Is a Careers Development Institute (CDI) School Affiliate and is working towards the Quality in Careers Standard.
Click here for the Curriculum Policy
- All pupils at KS3 undertake 1 hour of Business Studies a week.
- PSHEE and 'Preparation for Working Life' are integrated in the Life Skills and Personal Development programmes.
- For Year 10 pupils, the Academy arranges workplace visits and work experience placements during school closure periods.
Destination data refers to the % of pupils who go onto sustained education, employment or training. The data is based on:
- The year after the pupil has left compulsory schooling (i.e. academic age 16)
- Participation in education in all of the first two terms (defined as October to March) of the year after the pupil left Key Stage 4.
Click here for the Destination Data
The Academy's annual Careers Fair was held on 30th June 2016.
Click here for the Careers Convention Brochure
On 17th November, pupils visited Hertford College, Cambridge, as part of a 'Raising Aspirations' programme.
On 7th December, representatives from Essex University gave a talk to Year 11 pupils about applying to university.
On 7th January, an ex-pupil, Sharna Willis, who currently attends Sydney College, Cambridge, gave a presentation about applying to Russell Group universities.
Week commencing 7th March, KS4 pupils engaged in a range of activities as part of Careers Week.
On 23rd March, Marks and Spencer’s came into the Academy to talk to Year 10 pupils about the different jobs in Retail, as part of a '60 Minute Mentor' programme.
On 26th April, pupils visited Queens College College, Oxford, as part of a 'Raising Aspirations' programme.
On 30th June, Job Centre Plus gave a presenttaion to Year 10 pupils.
On 5th July, Year 10 pupils took part in a Young Enterprise Employability Masterclass.
On 12th July, Year 10 pupils took part in mock interviews with ex-pupils.
On 28th September, Year 11 pupils attended a 'motivational' seminar, undertaken by Essex Outreach in association with Essex University.
On 10th October, Year 11 pupils attended a presentation from The Student Finance Tour.
On 31st October, Year 11 pupils attended a presentation from Southend United Community and Educational Trust.
On 28th November, Year 9 and Year 11 pupils attended a workshop run in association with Essex Outreach Collaboration, aimed at increasing pupils' knowledge of Higher Education.
Week commencing 6th March, pupils across all year groups undertook a range of activities as part National Careers/Apprenticeship Week.
On 20th March, the Academy held its annual Post-16/Careers Convention.
On 19th June, Year 10 pupils attended 'taster days' at SEEVIC.
On 23rd June, a group of Year 9 female pupils attended the International Women in Engineering Day at Tilbury Docks, London.
On 14th July, Year 10 pupils visited the Digital, Creative and Cultural Festival at Essex University.