Advice and Support

Who can I speak to if I have a problem?

In the first instance you should speak to your Form Tutor or Head of House.

You may also speak to Mrs. N. Lillywhite, Mrs. M. Philp, Ms S. Daltrey, Ms. H. Walden, Mrs. L. Rutter or Mr. S. Harrison who are responsible for safeguarding.

Is there anyone I can speak to who does not work at the Academy?

Mrs. K. Swanwick is the School Nurse. She operates a 'drop-in' service on Tuesday lunchtimes in the office next to ICT2 (near the Theatre).  

Are there any professionals that I can speak to?

Mrs. D. Furnival is the Academy's BACP qualified counsellor. You would need to be referred by your Head of House, so should discuss this with them in the first instance.

The Academy also has access to an external counselling service, if you would prefer to speak to a professional not connected with the school. Again, you should discuss this with your Head of House.